Claiming Ymir is a real time strategy game created by 13 students at The Game Assembly over 10 weeks of half time work.
- Created the water shader
- Created the terrain shader
- Other shader work
- Updated the pipeline to fit the project
This shader was created and implemented by me during the project to make transitions between different ground textures look nice.
- Support for up to 5 albedo + normal map pairs.
- Uses a splat map where each texture is used based on the R, G, B and A channels, if all those channels are zero, the fifth texture is used.
- The alpha channel in the albedo maps contain height data that is used to make the transitions, enabling grass to stick out of sand etc.
- Persistent blood appears on the ground during battles.
I created this water shader so we could use water to create a level structure, reducing the workload on artists and level designers.
- Has foam at the edges.
- Changes color based on water depth.
- Vertex animation.